A typical procedure involves altering the nose’s shape or size. The goal of a successful rhinoplasty is to create a nose that is aesthetically pleasing in relation to the other characteristics of the face, has a natural appearance, and does not stand out. It should be done with the least amount of problems and time away from work possible.
The bridge or the tip are usually the areas that bother people the most about their noses. Many people lament having a hump. People who desire to alter the tip frequently feel that the nose is overly large, round, blobby, beaked, or lacks definition in this area. Some people also find their noses to be too long.
Other patients may decide to have a rhinoplasty as a result of a nose injury, such as a broken or bent nose after an accident. Others may experience nasal airway-related functional breathing issues. In these situations, surgical procedures would be categorised as reconstructive, as opposed to the majority of nose surgeries, which are categorised as aesthetic.
Benefits of rhinoplasty include:
– Reducing the size or length of your nose
– Removing or reducing a bump or hump on the bridge of the nose
– Straightening a crooked nose
– Adjusting nostril size and shape
– Amending the asymmetry of your nose
– Reshaping the tip of the nose
– Having a positive effect on your overall facial aesthetic
– Improving or alleviating breathing difficulties
– Sleeping better by alleviating sleep apnoea symptoms
– Increasing self-confidence and eliminating self-consciousness
– Overall happiness with the way you feel about your facial looks
While many patients want to see the final outcome as soon as the splint is removed, the presence of early swelling can be deceiving, and a hasty conclusion should not be drawn. The changed form of the nose will be obvious after six weeks, but alterations will last for many more months. It is typical for family members and friends to remain silent regarding any changes following a rhinoplasty. Do not see this response as a sign of failure; on the contrary, if it appears more natural and better, it will go unnoticed. The goal is to produce a new nose that blends in with the rest of your face’s features in the right proportions and draws less attention to itself.